The crap our kids have to watch on TV nowadays. I'm talking the Dora the Explorer, The Regular Show etc. etc. etc.
|
|
What the heck is this crap? Our kids are becoming sissies now-a-days. All I hear is "That's not fair, you can't treat me like that, that's too hard". I'm going to blame this one on the parents. They let their kids watch this stuff.
What does this stuff teach our kids?!
Dora - While I admit, kids knowing more than one language is a GREAT thing. However, I think the dumb thing is the whole, be kind to everyone all the time, people will be kind to you, and everything will be lovey dovey groovy poovy. I'm calling BS! This is a load of crap. Why are we misleading our kids to think life is fair and that they will be treated this way?!
Regular Show - I've watched a few episodes of this, and while it's slightly funny, it's got a messed up message! The bird and what I'm assume is a raccoon are lazy pieces of crap! They do everything halfway and yet, they always seem to make it. They are always being told they are going to get fired, and they have to go through a ridiculous amount of crap that is in no way reality to stop from being fired and they always barely just make it in the nick of time. Let's see.. if I got everything done at the last second at my job. My butt would be on the line after the second or third time. Life is in no way like this show, it's much harder and scarier.
Kids need to watch Looney Tunes, while they don't really relate to life, they have little hidden messages:
Wiley Coyote and Road Runner - no matter how many times you get beat up, mess up or make mistakes keep going.
Porky - No one makes fun of him for his stutter. (Ok, maybe mocking/teasing a bit), but do you ever hear him complain about it? People are different and I think this shows a great way to handle it. People are going to mock and tease you in your life and you just have to let it slide. There is a line where it's gotta stop, but you can't just go suing someone for making fun of you. Everyone makes fun of someone at some point.
I could keep going, but I'm not going to.
Kids are becoming way to lazy! They get their feelings hurt quick and they feel like everything has to be equal. Parents! I'm not saying you can't let your kids watch this stuff, or that it will be a determent to their emotional and mental well being. But don't let your kids grow up thinking this is how life is. I've noticed the younger and younger kids get, their work ethic slides, their communication skills stink, and they get way too angry, frustrated and bent out of wack way too fast.
So the synopsis? TV shows now days for kids suck. If your kids are going to watch them, talk to them about real life, because these cartoons can give them a false sense of how the world needs to treat them, instead of how they should treat the world. Because the world will continue to spin on and won't give two cents if your kid sits there pissed off.
Over and out til next time!


No comments:
Post a Comment